Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Can Cellnique tackle blackheads and whiteheads?



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I used to have serious blackheads and whiteheads problem in few years back. I went for facials at different places, and tried many skin care brands i.e. SKII, Kose, Nuskin.... Who knows, the more stuff I tried out of deperations, the worse my skin conditions became.

During the time, there was a new beauty salon opened in the Times Square shopping Mall at KL, and there was a first trial promotion at RM49.90 on facial treatment worth RM198 at normal price...Mmmm........I've forgotten what that treatment was called.

After the trial session, as usual, the beauty consultant tried to 'demonstrate' her best selling skill, pushing me to sign up their facial course. Out of desperation, as I have mentioned, I have taken up an intensive course worth RM688 which consist of 3-times treatments which according to the consultant I have to attend the 3-times treatments for 3 days consecutively. Also, they have given me a set of a set of new products as my free gifts in signing up the course i.e Seeweed cleansing Gel, Soothing & hydrating Lotion (mist) and most importantly, the Skin Action Sebum Gel, which is the most crucial tool to tackle my blackheads and whiteheads problem. Amazingly, my skin started to recover after the 3-times treatment! I could see and feel the difference so much. Since then, I have been relying on this product.

In fact, I have tried to switch to other brands before as I told myself that I should not fully rely on solely 1 brand. But others products seem not as good, especially on tackling blackheads and whiteheads problems.

Range of Cellnique products that I'm currently using for my daily basic skin care regime :-
1. Seeweed Cleaning Gel - RM89
2. Soothing & Hydrating Lotion (mist) - RM79
3. Skin Action Sebum Gel - RM139
4. Advance Bio-Renewal Masque (scrub) - RM159
(check out http://www.cellnique.com for more...)

As for facial package, for budget control, I would normally sign up the premium package (if i still remember the name correctly), at RM1,500, once a year and plan the utilisation for that particular year (there are a lot other treatment packages available for choices as well). How many times facial treatment would that be? I think it's about 13 to 15 times. This very much depends on the treatment done everytime I visit the beauty salon which the beauty consultant is supposed to provide advice based on my skin condition/problem at that point of time.

So now, before I manage to discover a better brand for my skin, think I'll stick to this for a while more.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Some info about blackheads and whiteheads which I managed to find from the web:-
Definitions

Blackheads, also known as open comedones, are follicles that have a wider than normal opening. They are filled with plugs of sebum and sloughed-off cells and have undergone a chemical reaction resulting in the oxidation of melanin. This gives the material in the follicle the typical black color.

Whiteheads, also known as closed comedones, are follicles that are filled with the same material, but have only a microscopic opening to the skin surface. Since the air cannot reach the follicle, the material is not oxidized, and remains white.

How do blackheads and whiteheads form?
Blackheads are the slightly different sibling of zits, and like zits, squeezing them can be addictive. Composed of the same oil, or sebum, that contributes to the production of pimples, blackheads result from a building up of this oil in pores – the difference in appearance is the result of the blackhead’s exposure to the air, the reaction of which with the oil causes the trademark black color of these blemishes.

Simple tips for removing blackheads

Attacking the source of the problem!
A good cleansing routine is one of the best ways to remove blackheads, as it will help wash away excess oil and dead skin particles.

A gentle cleanser is a good choice as it won’t dry out the skin excessively (which results in the production of even more of that nasty sebum!).

Combined with the use of a gentle exfoliant, which will help remove old skin cells, this is all you need to help keep your skin blackhead free.

How to get rid of blackheads that are more stubborn?
Aggressive manipulation of the skin is never good, and so tips for removing blackheads include above all else a gentle touch. Before attempting to squeeze a blackhead, open up your pores by steaming your face, and then use a blackhead remover or some clean tissue to remove the blockage. Remember – the best way to remove blackheads is to be gentle! An overly heavy hand will only force the blockage deeper into the skin, causing dreaded zits!

8 comments:

Rayanne said...

Great that you found Cellnique works for you. In fact, sunblock is essential for all regardless men/women. Prevent from UVA/UVB that caused pigmentation.

Andrew said...

Hello Jo's,

I am glad you found your Skin Care Products and I will to offer you a better choice which you will love it. I got new Skin Care products that would like to offer you without any money you need to spend on the Skin Care products because I developed it for around two years ago.I need someone like you to give me comment and feedback on my products, which I believe you will like it because I test it on the market and the reponses are amazing that you will change your mind on the other products. Believe it or not just what you need to do, is just send me a mail on my the website which I can contact you and if you think you can come to Puchong. E-mail: ndrewlim8@yahoo.com

ooi said...

Hi Jo!!!

Need your advice here. I'm dry skin type. I got a terrible strawberry nose, am considering to try up cellnique sebum gel. Since im dry skin type, just can apply on those area have black poles right? Have to apply toner then? Where can i find the cellnique shoplots in Penang?

Josephine said...

Hei Ooi

Myself is also having relatively dry skin. The beauty consultant from cellnique did advice me to apply the sebum gel on area with blackheads/whiteheads only, no need to apply on whole face like the moiturizer. the sebum gel will make the blackheads and whiteheads become soft and easily removed. work on me so far.

You are from Penang? I've checked from Cellnique web site (www.cellnique.com). You can look for one of the salons here for more advice, as I'm not sure which will be nearer and more convenient for you:-

Kim De Beaute
No 1, Lorong Berjaya, Pulau Tikus Penang 10250
04-227 9498

Sym Rou Beauty Salon
63-A-1-3, Symphony Park, Jln Lenggong, Jelutong, Penang 11600
04-282 8899

Yen Ping Beauty Treatment Centre
No 105, Jln Gan Chai Leng, Chai Leng Park, Prai Penang 13700
04-398 7534

Yen Ping Beauty Treatment Centre
No 1-2-16, Ideal Avenue, Jln Tun Dr.Awang, 11900 Bayan Lepas, Pulau Pinang

D'Image Beauty & Slimming Centre
No 29-1, Lorong Usahaniaga 1, Tmn Usahaniaga, Bukit Mertajam Penang 14000
04-530 8376

Yees Beauty Focus Center
No 1376, Jln Sg Bakap Permai, Sg Jawi, Sg Bakap
Jawi Penang 14200
012-451 5785

As far as I know, cellnique sebum gel is sold at some of the watsons and guardian stores as well. May be you can try to look around.

Thanks for your interest in viewing my blog. Feel free to drop by again.

ooi said...

Wah, jo!!

Thanks a lot for the details. It helps me lots. Thank you very much!
Btw ur blog very interesting can learn lots from here!!! :)

Thank you!

beannie said...

hi, i love sebum gel and hydrating complex! check out their new webby www.cellnique.com (very imformative)

you might wanna be their fans to get latest updates and promotion http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cellnique/68357818896

Treatment Shop said...

I love this topic. It helps me somehow and I know my friends would love this too. I will share this to them and I thank you for sharing.

Jose said...

wow... i'm glad that many people are liking cellnique products..i'm still one of their loyal product user till today ...I'm a fan for cellnique and bliv by cellnique in facebook... check out their page!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/cellnique?ref=ts

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/blivbycellnique?ref=ts


I'm sure more and more people will beneficial from this product